The Clifford Pier
Unveiled in May 2014, The Clifford Pier The Fullerton Bay Hotel’s latest destination restaurant. A historic landmark, Clifford Pier was built in 1933 as the landing jetty for ships and marks the arrival point where Singapore’s forefathers began a new chapter of their lives. An air of adventure and discovery surrounds the Pier which is closely representative of the Singapore story. In the Pier’s earliest days, hawkers plied its waters on sampans offering comfort food such as porridge with simple dishes to warm the stomachs of Singapore’s pioneers who journeyed from afar. From the 1950s, the car park adjacent to the Pier was transformed into a hawker centre at night. Our new dining destination preserves the Pier’s intrinsic hawker culture and honours its historical role as a melting pot of diverse cultures by presenting the best of Singapore’s delicacies and reinterpretations of Asian specialties and Western classics.
Chef: Sandro Falbo